Learning @ Belmont
Christianity Discussion Group
The next group starts on Tuesday 7th November and runs for 5 weeks. We run this informal discussion group each term. It’s a great place to find out more about what Christians believe, and a safe, friendly space to ask any questions you want about Christianity. There’s even a home-cooked meal to start the evening. To find out more without committing yourself, contact Gill in the office.
The Marriage Course is a series of eight sessions designed to help couples invest in their relationship and build a strong marriage. There is no group discussion on this course. Find out more about the Marriage Course.
The next course runs on eight Thursday evenings starting Thursday 18th January 2018. There is no group discussion during the course and you are provided with maximum privacy.
Here is what some couples have said about the course recently:
- You know it makes sense. Give it a try!
- It provides loads of useful tools for now and the future.
- We loved it. It helped us to understand each other better and has prepared us for the future.
- Before attending the marriage course we were quick to criticise when tired or under pressure which always led to arguments. The course helped us to identify trigger points and to tackle issues in a more loving and constructive way.
- It’s never too late and you’re never too old – the Marriage Course provides a truly proven way and means by which real marital happiness can be achieved. We can now look forward to a loving, warm and wonderful future.
- Helped so much with communication.
- It helps you focus on the need to monitor how things are going.
- A time to grow together
There is a Taster Session at the end of each course. There’s one on Thursday 15th March 2018. If you would like to come along to one of these sessions or would like more information about the course, please contact Mike & Sue Cox by ringing 01392 258029 or email: email@example.com. You can find more detailed information about the course here and you can register for the Spring 2018 course using this form.
The Solihull Approach to Understanding your Child’s Behaviour
Mums and dads will find this course a relaxing and enjoyable experience. Based on an approached developed in Solihull that has been helpful to many parents and shown children’s behaviour tending to improve, the course explores such issues as having fun together, communication, parenting styles, sleep and much more. The next course begins on Tuesday 23rd January 2018 at 7.30pm for 10 weeks. The trained leaders will help you to discover more about your child’s development and to understand how it affects their behaviour. Find out more about the Solihull Approach.
Contact the Belmont Chapel office for more information
Tuesday mornings. English classes for international women. Three levels of ability – beginner, intermediate and advanced. There is a crèche for pre-school children.
Thursday mornings. Make friends, practise English and learn more about Exeter and local customs. A place of welcome for women from around the world and run by Christian women from many churches. There is a crèche for pre-school children.
Contact Belmont Chapel office for more information
- 22nd Apr @ 9:30 Jesus brings change: Unforgiven to forgiven
- 22nd Apr @ 11:15 Jesus brings change: Unforgiven to forgiven
- 22nd Apr @ 19:00 Habbakuk - From Fear to Faith: Does God care?
- 29th Apr @ 9:30 Jesus brings change: Death to life
- 29th Apr @ 11:15 Jesus brings change: Death to life
- 29th Apr @ 19:00 Habakuk - From Fear to Faith: Is God fair?
- 6th May @ 9:30 Jesus brings change: Hungry to full
- 6th May @ 11:15 Jesus bring change: Hungry to full
- 6th May @ 19:00 Habbakuk - From Fear to Faith: Is God there?
Lamentations 3: 22-23
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.