Learning @ Belmont
Tuesday 26th February 2019 at 7.00pm for 5 weeks. You’re invited to the launch party on Tuesday 5th February at 7.30pm
Knowing God – is it possible? Take five Tuesdays to work it out for yourself. If God is real you need to know for sure, and if he isn’t you need to be able to stop wondering.
Is there really a God knocking about somewhere in our universe? Or is that just a daft, outdated idea?
“Knowing God” is a new five-part course that has been developed by Belmont Chapel to help people work out what they really can believe about that question.
We’ve designed a few of these courses over several years, and we’ve seen a lot of people come (some believers, most definitely not) and loads of them have said very nice things about the courses. Many have come back for a second or third shot, which has got to be good. Some have become Christians; others haven’t; but everybody’s benefited.
So we thought it was time to run one which tackled the ultimate question of our time. Does God exist or doesn’t he? Can you know for sure? What does Christianity claim about him and does it make any sense in a scientific age?
We’ve scripted and recorded the videos, written the notebooks and prepared the materials. We’ve planned the evening meals and organised the cooks. But now we need people to come and argue and discuss and listen and make it work! Could that be you?
Here’s what we’ll be talking about week by week:
Is there really a God?
If he’s there, what is he like?
Is he really in charge?
What has he done and what is he planning?
Can anybody know God?
The evening starts at 7.00pm with a home-cooked meal, and discussion starts at 7.30pm. Interested? Let the office know you’ll be coming along: firstname.lastname@example.org 01392 258029.
Check out the Knowing God website for a fabulous range of resources and loads more information to share with friends.
The next course runs on eight Tuesday evenings starting Thursday 31st January 2019. There is no group discussion during the course and you are provided with maximum privacy.
Here’s what some couples have said after coming on the course:
- You know it makes sense. Give it a try!
- It provides loads of useful tools for now and the future.
- We loved it. It helped us understand each other better and has prepared us for the future.
- Before attending the Marriage Course we were quick to criticise when tired or under pressure, which always led to arguments. The course helped us to identify trigger points and to tackle issues in a more loving and constructive way.
- It’s never too late and you’re never too old – the Marriage Course provides a truly proven way and means by which real marital happiness can be achieved. We can now look forward to a loving, warm and wonderful future.
- Helped so much with communication.
- It helps you focus on the need to monitor how things are going.
- A time to grow together
There is a Taster Session at the end of each course. There’s one on Tuesday 4th December 2018 and also on Thursday 28th March 2019. If you would like to come along to one of these Taster Sessions or would like more information about the course, please contact Mike & Sue Cox, Belmont’s Marriage Course Coordinators, by ringing 01392 258029 or email: email@example.com.
The Solihull Approach to Understanding your Child’s Behaviour
Mums and dads will find this course a relaxing and enjoyable experience. Based on an approached developed in Solihull that has been helpful to many parents and shown children’s behaviour tending to improve, the course explores such issues as having fun together, communication, parenting styles, sleep and much more. The next course begins at 7.30pm on Tuesday 22nd January 2019 for 10 weeks. The trained leaders will help you to discover more about your child’s development and to understand how it affects their behaviour. Find out more about the Solihull Approach.
Contact the Belmont Chapel office for more information
Tuesday mornings. English classes for international women. Three levels of ability – beginner, intermediate and advanced. There is a crèche for pre-school children.
Thursday mornings. Make friends, practise English and learn more about Exeter and local customs. A place of welcome for women from around the world and run by Christian women from many churches. There is a crèche for pre-school children.
Contact Belmont Chapel office for more information
- 24th Mar @ 9:30 Cross Examined. Redemption and rejection - the achievement of the cross
- 24th Mar @ 11:15 Cross Examined. Redemption and rejection - the achievement of the cross
- 24th Mar @ 19:00 Worship in the Wilderness. A simple journey
- 31st Mar @ 9:30 Cross Examined. Slander and silence - the hatred of the cross
- 31st Mar @ 11:15 Cross Examined. Slander and silence - the hatred of the cross
- 31st Mar @ 19:00 Worship in the Wilderness. A sorrowful journey
You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again?