Learning @ Belmont
An informal course unpacking Christian belief for people who are curious to find out more. We’ll look at what the Bible says about the spiritual dimension of our lives, why it’s incomplete and how it can be filled. With small group discussions, short video clips, printed materials, lots of opportunities to ask questions and a home-cooked meal. The course begins on Tuesday 4th June at 7.00pm and runs for 5 weeks. Contact the office if you are thinking of coming. Everyone welcome, whether you come to Belmont or not.
The next course will run on eight Tuesday evenings commencing on Tuesday 8th October 2019. There’s no group discussion during the course and you’re provided with maximum privacy.
Here’s what some couples have said after coming on the course:
- You know it makes sense. Give it a try!
- It provides loads of useful tools for now and the future.
- We loved it. It helped us understand each other better and has prepared us for the future.
- Before attending the Marriage Course we were quick to criticise when tired or under pressure, which always led to arguments. The course helped us to identify trigger points and to tackle issues in a more loving and constructive way.
- It’s never too late and you’re never too old – the Marriage Course provides a truly proven way and means by which real marital happiness can be achieved. We can now look forward to a loving, warm and wonderful future.
- Helped so much with communication.
- Seven dedicated evenings to spend time with your partner and learn about each other.
- It helps you focus on the need to monitor how things are going.
- A time to grow together
There’s a Taster Session at the end of each course. The next one is on Tuesday 3rd December 2019. If you’d like to come along to this Taster Sessions or would like more information about the course, please contact Mike & Sue Cox, Belmont’s Marriage Course Coordinators, by ringing 01392 258029 or email: email@example.com.
The Solihull Approach to Understanding your Child’s Behaviour
Mums and dads will find this course a relaxing and enjoyable experience. Based on an approached developed in Solihull that has been helpful to many parents and shown children’s behaviour tending to improve, the course explores such issues as having fun together, communication, parenting styles, sleep and much more. The next course begins at 7.30pm on Tuesday 8th October 2019 for 10 weeks. The trained leaders will help you to discover more about your child’s development and to understand how it affects their behaviour. Find out more about the Solihull Approach.
Contact the Belmont Chapel office for more information
Tuesday mornings. English classes for international women. Three levels of ability – beginner, intermediate and advanced. There is a crèche for pre-school children.
Thursday mornings. Make friends, practise English and learn more about Exeter and local customs. A place of welcome for women from around the world and run by Christian women from many churches. There is a crèche for pre-school children.
Contact Belmont Chapel office for more information
- 21st Jul @ 9:30 I am Jesus. Messiah
- 21st Jul @ 11:15 I am Jesus. Messiah
- 21st Jul @ 19:00 Living the Lord's Prayer. Worship
- 28th Jul @ 9:30 I am Jesus. Bread of Life
- 28th Jul @ 11:15 I am Jesus. Bread of Life
- 28th Jul @ 19:00 Summer of Psalms. All about the Shepherd SLOBS at 6.45pm
Lamentations 3: 22-23
Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.